Maximum OOM-age: Patches make me go 'Arrrrr'!

Maximum OOM-age

I have Mana-Management issues...And it's driving me to drink.

If Moonfire Spam has taken you to the same place as me, good luck.

Don't look at me for more pots, 'cos I ain't got none left and my Innervate's on CD.

 
Custom Search
The Web Maximum OOM-age

07 August 2009

Patches make me go 'Arrrrr'!



Or perhaps it ought to be 'Aaaaarrgh'!!!

Prior to 3.2, there was a rumour going round that Druids would have their talents re-set, but I needn't have worried 'cos that turned out to be untrue. Then, as if to make up for something NOT going wrong, my addons got all messed up with error codes popping up left, right, and centre.
Photobucket

Dunno why I'm so bothered...I should be used to it by now. This happens every single time since it does take a few days for the updates to catch up. A justifiable wait, but nonetheless a pain, made more so when you find out some developers have decided they just can't be bothered anymore.

Oh well, nevermind. There's always an alternative.

I can't say I've found this current patch as exciting as the last. Sure, there're new Druid forms, but none for Moonkins. No significant changes to our spells either, though I guess I just ought to be thankful the existing ones didn't get nerfed.

What I am pleased about though, is the expansion of Argent Tournament. It really is worth doing when you get to that level, and not just for the Mounted Squire (8 mins CD? Forget it!).

This is a phase of 'firsts' for me. I've completed my first Heroic in Gundrak, a success in more ways than one since Slithering Slippers dropped. Being the worst-geared in my group, I got to roll Need for it. Since then, I have done other Heroics, including Halls of Lightning, which is apparently one of the toughest 5-Man (we wiped on my very first attempt, but then I was mainly still in 70 gear at the time).

But you know, all of them have been very difficult for me, so I haven't really been able to tell the difference. I'm just happy that most of the players I've grouped with have been very good (like our friend, Photobucket Goemon), and thankful that they didn't mind doing runs with me.

I wish I could say my team's also won our first match in Arena, but PvP has gone down in my list of priorities. However, David (aka Gumpert aka Eldorand) and I did do something we've been meaning to for quite awhile. We went Dragon Whelps a-killin, and finally got the Jenkins title. Another milestone!!! Did I mention I've got the Darnassus one too? Photobucket

I've now reached Grand Master in all my professions, which means I've been able to start on Katherine Lee's Cooking dailies to earn more Kirin Tor rep for Arcanum of Burning Mysteries.

Despite the shiny new Achievements I've gained, it's not been WoW all the way. After my new GPU got installed, I gave EVE a go, and also explored Twinity.

My thoughts so far:


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EVE003

EVE - A great game, although not one for which I will give up WoW since I have already invested so much time in the latter. But EVE does look really good, and appeals to the Sci-Fi fan in me. I like the fact that you can make the game whatever you want it to be, and so far, soloing is very much feasible...even the shooty-shooty bits didn't get me as flustered as I thought they would. WoW will still be my main game, but I'll log into Warp Heaven from time to time.

TWIN003

Twinity - A mirror universe of Singapore was the catch, and what better time to experience that than National Day 2009 when corresponding events were launched? But seriously, that was the only characteristic I liked of the game. The lag was almost as bad as Second Life...except SL has much more going for it. Better controls and more flexible AV design options for one...No wait, that was two. What I am hoping for, though, is Twinity to link SIMs to real world shops. How great would it be if I could enter a virtual Ngee Ann City to interact with stores (eg. Takashimaya) that are in the actual building thousands of miles away?! ICHIBAN!!! Photobucket

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to WoW.

Druids may soon get some good news if I've read this Q&A right...It might be a long time coming, but it will give us something to look forward to!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home